Friday, April 27, 2012

Boxing and Faith


Here is a quote from an email my wonderful friend Tammy sent me.
There are times when I feel boxed down too. Times when I just don't have the strength or courage to do one more thing. Or when I start to feel worthless and trampled on. It's at those times when I have to remember that faith and despair cannot exist at the same time. You cannot have faith if you are despairing. Then I have to remember who wants to see me despair - Satan. Satan likes to see me falter and stumble and feel worthless. That's when I get up and put my boxing gloves on and decide that I'm done being punched by others. I'm done being boxed by Satan and I'm going to win. He is NOT going to decide my life or make me despair. I WILL NOT LET HIM. Despair is one of his greatest tools. I have to remember to REFUSE to feel despair! ~ Tammy

1 comment:

Christine Passey said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing!