Monday, April 20, 2009

"How does the internet effect our lives?" on Mormon Mommy Blogs

Hello I recently read this article on 3 Reasons Moms Are Addicted to the Internet. Needless to say I had a million thoughts while I was reading it.

Remembering back to my first baby.... I remember the cultural shock of becoming a SAHM and the learning curve as I learned through trial and error how to fulfill my new roll. I remember when I first joined a support group for women and mothers online. It did almost overtake my life as I drank in the refreshing new support it gave to my life, but over time it found its place into my life in a balanced manner. Since that time I have been in many support groups, hosted many support groups, and started quite a few blogs, not to mention Face Book and Twitter. So is it true? Is the Internet an addiction? I have been turning this over in my mind.

The Internet is a tool I think... After reading that article I went and sat down in my front room and spent time with my kids. But a few hours later when I needed to pay bills, where did I go? Back to the Internet. Later that day when I had an unanswerable question, where did I go? to Google. Now today as I am filling in time between calls as I WAH where do I go? MMB's....

Overall the Internet has been a wonderful tool to my life. Does using a tool allot because it works quantify an addiction? I am thinking no. But like all things there needs to be balance in all things...

I would love to hear what you think.
Jeanine


Mormon Mommy Blogs
Je9Jeanine
Check out 'How does the internet effect our lives?'
Hello I recently read this article on 3 Reasons Moms Are Addicted to the Internet. Needless to say I had a million thoughts while I was reading it.

Remembering back to my first baby.... I remember th
Link:
How does the internet effect our lives?

About Mormon Mommy Blogs
Mormon Mommy Blogs 47 members
23 discussions
 
To control which emails you receive on Mormon Mommy Blogs, click here

2 comments:

Juliet said...

I can quit anytime I swear......... heh heh heh.

Linda Lockart said...

Thank God there is people that will stand up for this nation and for good godly standerd you can count me one.I'm sick of a one man Goverment.
Linda Lockart