Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Road Not Taken












TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,




And sorry I could not travel both




And be one traveler, long I stood




And looked down one as far as I could




To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5









Then took the other, as just as fair,




And having perhaps the better claim,




Because it was grassy and wanted wear;




Though as for that the passing there




Had worn them really about the same, 10









And both that morning equally lay




In leaves no step had trodden black.




Oh, I kept the first for another day!




Yet knowing how way leads on to way,




I doubted if I should ever come back. 15









I shall be telling this with a sigh




Somewhere ages and ages hence:




Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—




I took the one less traveled by,




And that has made all the difference. 20

Robert Frost(1874–1963). Mountain Interval. 1920.

1 comment:

Jason & Christy said...

I want to thank you for putting this on your blog. I love this, and today was just the day that I needed to read it. Thank you for helping me when you didn't even know you were. I'm glad I ran into you at the park!
Christy